Saturday, June 2, 2007

Leaving Tucson

It's June 2nd and I am in Los Angeles. I left Tucson (San Miguel) yesterday morning at 6:30 AM. This was after a gas fill-up and Starbucks stop. Funny story: God's funny way of working gave me one last opportunity at recruiting. As I am paying for my coffee, the barista strikes up a conversation and I find out she has a daughter in 7th grade. She is saying how she doesn't know what she's going to do for high school since there are not many affordable, private schools on the southside. Ding! Ding! Ding! San Miguel! I let her know about the school and give her my old business card.

Anyway, Br. Dan and myself finally hit the road at 6:30 AM. The car was packed, every inch of it with all my junk and Br. Dan's luggage for the Philippines. We were blessed to have smooth riding (a bit of traffic in Phoenix) all the way to Blythe. We hit Blythe at about 9:50 AM and filled up with gas. We decided we would wait until Indio for lunch. We probably should have had something in Blythe considering that 20 minutes into our drive we came to a standstill on the road because of a car fire. We were probably stuck there for another 20 minutes. A trucker who got off his truck, decided to strike up a conversation. I guess they have to be good at that. Well, we finally got going and hit Indio at about 12 PM where we stopped for lunch at In & Out Burger, yum!

We got back on the road at about 12:45 PM and again had smooth sailing all the way to L.A. It was about 2 PM when we finally arrived to Cathedral High School. We unloaded Br. Dan's stuff and were entertained by Br. Jesus for a while. Br. Dan and I then took a quick walk around the campus and saw the new beautiful building coming to a completion.

I eventually left for my parent's house where my little sister Denise was waiting for me.

I will stop here for tonight, since I'm tired. I will continue tomorrow. I will also be adding a reflection on "Leaving San Miguel High School."