Thursday, June 7, 2007

Last thoughts on leaving San Miguel...

Well, my last thoughts about leaving SMHS in this blog at least.


I remember driving out of the parking lot on my last day at San Miguel and just feeling breathless. It's as if someone had punched me in the chest (lung collapse 2?).


But as I look back I am simply grateful for all the people that made leaving a lot easier through their care and thoughts. The Brothers. The Staff. The STUDENTS and their families. EVERYONE.


I am especially grateful to Br. Nick Gonzalez, FSC. Br. Nick was a great companion on the journey. From day one (4 years ago) he was there to push me, challenge me, a friend, my boss, a co-worker, a BROTHER!


As the journey was coming to an end, he provided an incredible strength: conversations, letters, acts of gratitude, etc...


I can't thank him enough, except to live what he taught me, and to challenge myself to grow in many ways.


Thank you, Br. Nick!