Saturday, July 7, 2007

Back at it!

So it's been a while since I've posted an update, mostly because not much has gone on than the usual. For me it was like a reflection on the past 3 weeks.

Br. Kevin, the Director of Postulants, arrived on July 4th to check in with me. We spent much of the time discussing life in the classroom this summer, community life here, my personal prayer life, and my assigned readings. It was a great time of reflection and sharing with each other.

We did celebrate the 4th of July here in the community here at house with a BBQ and friends of the Brothers. I got to do some of the grocery shopping and appetizers. It was a carne asada BBQ, so I also made some guacamole. Yum!

Thursday, July 5th was spent in discussion with Br. Kevin. It was also my cooking day so I used the left overs to make a taco salad.

Friday, July 6th was also spent in discussion with Br. Kevin. The community went out for our Friday routine. We caught a movie in the afternoon followed by dinner.

Today's been a slower day with time for some reading and a haircut. I probably had the "chatiest" stylist ever. However, she was very nice.

Br. Dat and I wrapped up our discussions on the Adult Catechism. He is taking off for Seattle where he will be flying out tomorrow for Paris. A good chunk of his family is in France.

I've also had time to grade throughout the holiday break. I'll use Sunday to prepare for the week.

It's been nice to hear from a lot of students and friends at San Miguel over the past couple of days.

Today, Clementina Fernandez (business manager at SMHS) got married to her long-time boyfriend and great man, Jerry! Congratulations Clementina!!!